Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories has been a leading supplier of complete refractory linings for carbon black reactors for over three decades.
A range of custom-engineered solutions is available for hot face and backup layers in tread and carcass black reactors. These include:
- Fired or precast chrome-alumina bricks and shapes
- High purity alumina bricks in grades AH199, AL100 and Alfrax101
- Thermal shock resistant Mullfrax® and AL102 bricks
- Zirnorite® Zirconia bricks for the highest temperature capability
- Fused-cast Jargal M shapes for ultimate erosion resistance
- Insulating and dense castables for backup layers
Solution By Reactor-based Solutions
Click on your equipment to find more:
- Tread Reactor
Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories is a global supplier of refractory solutions, specializing in all major carbon black technologies.
The commissioning process begins with the furnace operator specifying the operating conditions required to produce the grade of black desired.
Key factors such as reactor technologies, temperatures, geometries, fuel source(s) and feed source(s) will determine the solution offered.
Operating conditions vary by furnace zone, with different zones posing specific challenges in terms of atmosphere (oxidizing or reducing), gas velocities, chemical interactions, and temperature fluctuations (thermal shock).
Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories works closely with furnace operators to provide refractory solutions that meet the performance and cost goals of the operator. Lining solutions are also customized by material form and grade.