The steelmaking process, where molten iron becomes solid steel, involves several stages of thermal and chemical treatment requiring a variety of refractory linings that are compatible with many application conditions.
These linings must have excellent resistance to steel and basic slag corrosion, as well as high thermal shock and oxidation resistance.
Saint-Gobain services this market with innovative refractories solutions that present high performances and contribute to enhanced steel quality.
Solution By Equipment
Click on your equipment to find more:
Magmalox products help steelmakers to optimize the behavior of each area of the furnace, to balance wear and to substantially increase campaign life. Record tonnage of reheated slab or billet per campaign:
- Improved surface quality of reheated products,
- Easy to install, rapid heat-up, no (or very light) intermediate repairs, hence reduced downtime,
- Increase life & tonnage of steel produced by campaign.
Other Applications Magmalox products are recommended for a range of furnace applications calling for outstanding resistance to erosion and corrosion, including:
- Waste incinerators: stoker upper walls
- Steelworks: crash deck for sinterplants