Alundum® labware are made of the purest 99% fused aluminum oxide grains.
This product melts at 2,054 °C, while ceramic bonds and robust treatment processes result in labware with a wide range of unique and beneficial properties. Alundum® labware products include:
- Combustion boats with and without handles
- Filter discs and cones
Other material options include AnnaMullit® - an alumina mullite material ideal for use as saggers or capsules for ceramic powder processing; Zirnorite® - a zircon material; and Hexoloy® SA - a pressure-less sintered silicon carbide.
Features and Benefits
- Alundum® and Zirnorite® Labware Products
- Can be safely used up to 1,450°C and 1,590°C respectively in oxidizing conditions
- Maximum service temperature of 1,400°C in reducing conditions
- Resistant to all acids except HF and H3PO4
- Resistant to all alkalies except hot caustic and fused alkalies
- Hexoloy® SA Components
- Resistant to oxidation up to 1,650°C in air
- Allows analytical instruments to be heated and cooled down rapidly
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- Low thermal expansion
- Laboratory operations
- Components for analytical instruments
Custom sizes are available to match customer drawings and specifications. Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ team of experts is on hand to discuss any sizing requirements.
Specialty Ceramics Diffuser Stones – Flyer
Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics and Refractories engineers and researchers collaborate with you, our customers, to solve operational challenges with