The HeatCor™ twisted channel recuperator is a heat exchanger technology enabled by the Amasic-3D® manufacturing platform.
HeatCor™ allows recuperators and burner systems to exceed 80% efficiencies thanks to its unique twisted channel design and surface areas up to three times larger than traditional recuperators with the same footprint.
Ceramic Recuperators' Features and Benefits
- Made of robust silicon carbide
- Operating temperatures up to 1,380 °C
- Long service life Advanced silicon carbide microstructures provide high thermal conductivity and shock resistance
- Industry-leading diameter and length
- Suitable for most furnace applications
- Thin-wall designs increase thermal performance and enable design flexibility
- Thin-wall silicon carbide offers the highest rates of heat transfer and thermal performance
- Variable twist and channel cross-section provides optimized efficiency with the lowest pressure drop
- Novel metal-ceramic interface ensures easy integration into metallic furnace components
- 3D printed end-sets improve application flexibility and extend customization potential
- A picture containing diagram
- Description automatically generated
What are the material properties of Silit® and Amasic-3D™?
These infiltrated SiSiC high performance, non-porous ceramic materials can accommodate application temperatures of 1,380°C. They also offer excellent thermal strength properties.
How does the HeatCor™ work?
The HeatCor™ is a new heat exchanger design that incorporates a higher surface area twist channel versus traditional fins and bumps. This increased surface area allows for an increase in effectiveness of over 10%.
Is it possible to print threaded connections?
Yes. A variety of threaded connections can be 3D printed via the Amasic-3D® material platform. Coarse threads are typically preferable.
What is the difference between Silit®, Silit HD® and Hexoloy®?
The key difference of Silit® SKD, Silit® SKD-H and Hexoloy® is the range of application temperatures which can be accommodated. Hexoloy® is 100% SiC while Silit® has a percentage of silicon in the matrix. This allows Hexoloy® to operate at temperatures exceeding 1,800°C.
Total Burner Solution for Energy Efficiency and Carbon Reduction
Discover Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ extensive range of total burner solutions for industrial heating applications.
Radiant Refractory Tubes: Properties & Applications
Saint-Gobain radiant refractory tubes can output as much as twice the energy of standard alloy radiant elements into furnace environments.
Direct & Indirect Heating Burner Solutions from Saint-Gobain
As producers look for ways to push their industrial heating processes to higher efficiencies and outputs, they are faced with new challenges.
A New Spin on Zinc Melting Furnaces
Saint-Gobain close the technology gap with the introduction of their enhanced SpyroCor® flame diffuser insert for immersion tube furnaces.
PyroCor and Silit Flame Tubes
Discover Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ range of flame tubes and diffusers – ideal for guiding the flow of combustion.
Amasic-3D Burner Nozzles
Discover Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ range of burner nozzles – ideal for guiding the flow of combustion.
SpyroCor® and NOxBuster® Radiant Tube Insert
Discover Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ range of radiant tube inserts – ideal for improving efficiency in the furnace chamber.