Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ mortars have been specifically engineered to ensure optimal performance in copper furnaces and total compatibility with the company’s range of fired refractory shapes.
Features and Benefits
- Specially engineered formulations
- High chemical resistance
- Excellent bonding strength with SiC refractory shapes
- High quality raw materials
- Matched thermal expansion with bricks and other fired refractory shapes
- Protection against rapid joint wear and gas leaks
- Reliable, long lasting performance
What is the shelf life of Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ mortars?
Properly stored mortars can last between 6 and 12 months, depending on their specific formulation. Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ experienced engineering teams are on hand to provide advice and support around specific storage requirements.
What joint thickness do you recommend?
Joints should ideally be 1.5 mm (1/16"). Excessively thick joints may compromise the refractory system.
Non Ferrous Copper - Brochure
Saint-Gobain has introduced a “third generation” of silicon carbide (SiC) refractories to effectively protect your copper furnace. In our laboratories