Features and Benefits
- Patented dual refractory design
- Two-piece design (burner block and burner tube)
- Self-protecting silicon-oxynitride bond phase
- Thermal shock resistance
- Integrated semi-insulating backing layer
- Excellent oxidation resistance in the SiC hot face layer
- Less heat loss through the furnace shell
- Improved energy/fuel efficiency and operator comfort
- Fewer gas leaks
- Easier maintenance
As Twinfrax® is comprised of two materials, is there an issue with differential thermal stress?
Twinfrax® has been designed with this specific issue in mind. The dual materials exhibit compatible thermal expansion coefficients meaning that high thermal stress is avoided.
What is the white layer present in Twinfrax® components?
Twinfrax® features a semi-insulating backing layer that reduces heat loss through the burner block. Its material composition is specifically designed for compatibility with the SiC hot face layer.
Non Ferrous Copper - Brochure
Saint-Gobain has introduced a “third generation” of silicon carbide (SiC) refractories to effectively protect your copper furnace. In our laboratories