Features and Benefits
- Interlocking crystalline structure formed by electrical melting
- Uniform microstructure produced by slow, controlled cooling of cast ingots
- Extreme high temperature stability
- Exceptional resistance to thermochemical reactions versus conventional bonded refractories
- Extended refractory life in key furnace areas
- Balanced refractory wear avoids premature replacement
- Longer production campaigns and increased profits
- Reduced maintenance costs from fewer shutdowns
Can C104 be used in lead (Pb) furnaces?
Yes. C104 can be successfully utilized in lead furnaces. Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ experienced engineering teams are on hand to provide advice and support around this particular application.
What are the benefits of utilizing the C104 refractory?
C104 fused cast refractory excels in the most severe wear areas of the furnace. Its exceptional properties enable a balanced wear profile between refractory sections. C104 allows the full thickness of the lining to be utilized and leading to significant savings in operational and maintenance costs.
Non Ferrous Copper
Saint-Gobain has introduced a “third generation” of silicon carbide (SiC) refractories to effectively protect your copper furnace. In our laboratories