Features and Benefits
Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories developed the DuraFORM® ceramic rollers out of silicon carbide with a patented coating that substantially improves the lifetime of the roller. Additional benefits are reduced shut downs for maintenance, less offset of the blanks and therefore a better OEE of the line.
Advanced Base Material
- No unexpected breakages due to thermal shock
- No bending and deformation due to strong SiC matrix
- Structural integrity during operations & maintenance
Patented Coating Solution
- No infiltration of AlSi to the base material
- Easy removal of AlSi thereby reducing cleaning efforts
- Refurbishment available for even longer lifetime and less environmental impact
Silicon carbide, often abbreviated to SiC, is a synthetic technical ceramic renowned for its outstanding thermodynamic characteristics. High-temperature strength and excellent thermal shock resistance combine to give silicon carbide ceramics the leading edge in extremely demanding thermal processes. Among these is hot stamping of automobile components.