Mining and Mineral Processing
50+ Years’ Experience
Mining and mineral processing production typically involves the movement of high volumes of solids that abrade and erode equipment. Ongoing maintenance and replacement over the equipment service life can result in extra expense and increased downtime.
Wear-resistant linings from Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories provide unparalleled abrasion and corrosion resistance and last many times longer than carbon steel. Linings are cost-effective, and can withstand the rigors of heavy industry, extending equipment service lives.
Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories is the industry leader in terms of ceramic materials and applications expertise. A wide range of equipment can be lined or retrofitted with Wear Resistant Technology (WRT) materials, including:
- AG-SAG feed chutes
- Barge or ship loading chutes and hoppers
- Rail car loading chutes and hoppers
- Concentrate to processing plants
- Conveyors to storage silos
- Crushing and sizing equipment
- Cyclone separation equipment
- Dewatering fines to storage tanks
- Mag separators
- Piping to filter presses
- Raw material handling tools
- Rotary car dumpers
- Separation stackers and reclaimers
- Storage silos
- Sump piping suction and discharge
- Table or mechanical feeders
- Tailing lines
- Trommel screen underflow chutes
Which wear-resistant ceramic materials can outperform rubber-lined steel and hardened pipe in terms of abrasion and corrosion resistance?
Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories produces many material types able to withstand highly abrasive and corrosive environments. These include:
- Durafrax® - fine grain, high grade alumina
- Cryston® - high performance nitride-bonded silicon carbide
- Corguard® - ZAC fused cast AZS (a combination of alumina, zirconia and silica)
- Norfrax® - fine grain reaction bonded silicon carbide
- Hexoloy® - pressureless sintered silicon carbide
- Hammerfrax™ - patented high performance reaction bonded silicon carbide
- Refrax® - nitride bonded silicon carbide
Will Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ ceramics ensure improved value and performance versus a customer’s existing materials?
Yes. Even if a customer is already employing ceramic solutions, Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ experienced engineers can likely improve the service life of the existing system by introducing stronger, precisely engineered materials.
Lining systems from Saint-Gobain ensure tighter tolerances than traditional refractory bricks, resulting in shorter installation times with fewer field adjustments required.
This material quality, coupled with Saint-Gobain Performance Ceramics & Refractories’ application experience and strong focus on R&D enables the provision of custom engineered solutions that provide consistently better value over equipment service lives.